Before you purchase a closed, sealed or encapsulated crawl space system or basement waterproofing system, read this.
You are investing in an important project that will improve your home and family health. There are a few questions to ask yourself about the company (or product) you decide to use so that you have peace of mind knowing that you’ve purchased the best material on the market installed by the highest quality company.
- How long has the company been in business, and does the company specialize in crawl space repair? Is the company just jumping in the market while it’s hot?
- Will the system create a safe environment for storage (prevent mold & bugs)?
- If you are concerned about air quality on the 1st floor of your home, does the system address air quality issues?
- What if there is an indoor plumbing leak? How will the system handle this water? How will I know if there is a leak if I ever go in the crawl space?
- Is there a battery back-up system available for the sump pump?
- What is the warranty of the system?
- Does it have UV inhibitors?
- Does the material contain antimicrobials?
- Does the company seal all vents and the hatchway?
- Does the company seal all external air penetration?
- What if I have a block wall? How do you prevent air from passing through?
For information on our patented superior crawl space encapsulation system, visit our crawl space page and check out the Fine Homebuilding magazine article that CleanSpace® was featured in. You’ll see what makes our system the best. Many companies have tried to replicate what we offer and claim their system is the same but “we’re just cheaper”, but our system is patented and unique.
From our dehumidifier, floor drains and flood alarms to our sump pumps and vent covers, you’ll finally be able to use your crawl space for storage and breathe easier with a healthy home environment. You’ll feel confident in the investment you’ve made for your crawl space and home.